Hedychium forrestii Diels
- Common Name:
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: C. Himalaya to S. China and Indo-China
- Culture: Can be maintained evergreen with light watering in winter, though technically still dormant (no growth). May lose foliage if allowed to dry completely, but this is not mandatory.
- Accession # 201900196
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#1996231
Kress, W. J., Bell, D. A., (BOT), Smithsonian Institution - National Museum of Natural History (UNITED STATES), Yin Yin Kyi
Myanmar: Mandalay Division: Pyin Oo Lwin Township
Natural Forest Section
21.9936, 95.4658, 20 May 1996
Shoots to 1.5 m., leaves green. Sterile. Breaking dormancy.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3210 - ZING:Amomum/Curcuma
- Currently: active - marginal (no foliage)
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 05-24-2023
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Zingiberoideae
- Tribe: Zingibereae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Monday, 06 May, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Monday, 06 May, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01, #02 (originals) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Monday, 15 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Wed, 24 May 2023 08:36:01 -0400 [bcm v4.0]