Aframomum melegueta K.Schum.
- Common Name: Grains of Paradise
- Family: Zingiberaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: W. Trop. Africa to Angola
- Habitat: Shady sites in damp soil in forests
- Description: Herbaceous perennial herb producing tufted stems 1 - 4 metres tall from a rhizomatous rootstock. 4
- Accession # 201900113
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#2009063
Collector# s.n. Miller, E.
Ghana: near Atebubu
The complete IPEN-number of this accession is GH-0-BONN-4971.
Dr. Wolfram Lobin,; Kustos/Curator, Botanische Garten der Universitat Bonn
plant given to U.S. Bot. Garden 15 June 2016
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3313 - NEOB: Blue Tanks North
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 11-29-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Zingiberaceae
- SubFamily: Alpinioideae
- Tribe: Alpinieae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- WCSP (2019). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Saturday, 04 May, 2019.
- J.D.D. Tamokou, A.T. Mbaveng, V. Kuete, Chapter 8 - Antimicrobial Activities of African Medicinal Spices and Vegetables in Medicinal Spices and Vegetables from Africa, 2017. Last accessed on Friday, 24 May, 2019.
- Useful Tropical Plants. Last accessed on Friday, 14 June, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) by Inna Moody / Flickr user: innamoo ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/moodyworld/ ). [CC BY]. Last accessed on Friday, 10 January, 2020.
data regenerated on Tue, 21 Feb 2023 11:56:24 -0500 [bcm v4.0]