Abies balsamea (L.) Mill.
- Common Name: Balsam Fir
- Family: Pinaceae Lindley
- Country of Origin: northeastern USA and eastern Canada
- Habitat: Medium-size tree of cool, moist boreal forests.
- Accession # 201500104
- Source: Matt Opel
Seedling collected in Stonington, Maine, USA, August 3, 2014.
Oceanville Rd, close to the shore in mossy forest understory.
- Accession Date: 08-18-2015
- Bench: 2308 - Nearctic
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 04-07-2022
- Poisonous Plant Parts - Not for Human Consumption
The sap of these plants may cause a skin rash or irritation.
- Division: Pinophyta
- Class: Pinopsida
- SubClass: Pinidae
- Order: Pinales
- Family: Pinaceae
- SubFamily: Abietoideae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Accessed 19 August 2015.
- WCSP (2015). World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Accessed 19 August 2015.
- Poisonous Plants at University of California. Last accessed on Wednesday, July 05, 2017.
data regenerated on Tue, 22 Nov 2022 11:57:47 -0500 [bcm v4.0]