Cheilocostus speciosus (J.Koenig) C.D.Specht
- Common Name:
- Family: Costaceae (K. Schum.) Nak.
- Country of Origin: Trop. & Subtrop. Asia and Queensland
- Habitat: Understory of bamboo forest along stream.
- Accession # 201900141
- Source: Kress Collection, SI#2001166
Kress, W. J., Thet Htun, Bordelon, M., Williams, K. J., Rehse, T.
Myanmar: Mandalay Division: Thabeikyin Township
Shwe-u-Daung National Park
22.9233, 96.1639, 12 Jun 2001
Stems slightly glaucous, leaves green. Sterile.
- Accession Date: 07-10-2019
- Bench: 3207 - ZING: Zingiber
- Currently: active - needs attention
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 05-23-2023
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Liliopsida
- SubClass: commelinids
- Order: Zingiberales
- Family: Costaceae
- The Plant List (2013). Version 1.1. Last accessed on Friday, 22 February, 2019.
- WCSP (2019) as Hellenia speciosa. World Checklist of Selected Plant Families. Facilitated by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. Last accessed on Friday, 22 February, 2019.
- Image #00 (cropped) & #01 (original) used with the permission of the National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 10th and Constitution Ave. N.W., Washington, DC 20560-0193. Last accessed on Friday, 12 July, 2019.
data regenerated on Tue, 23 May 2023 12:42:01 -0400 [bcm v4.0]