Dendrosicyos socotranus Balf.f.
- Common Name: Cucumber Tree
- Family: Cucurbitaceae Juss.
- Country of Origin: Socotra
- Habitat: succulent shrubland on limestone; less common on igneous rocks
- Description: Dendrosicyos socotranus is a monotypic, endemic genus, and perhaps the best example of the swollen-trunked bottle-trees for which Soqotra is famous. On Soqotra it is widely distributed in several vegetation types but has a rather fragmented distribution; over large areas there are only isolated trees or small, relict populations, whilst in other ares it is relatively abundant. There are a few trees on the island of Samha, but none on Darsa or Abd al-Kuri.
- Accession # 199700044
- Source: Tim Metcalf - UC-Davis
- Accession Date: 07-29-1997
- Bench: 6901 - Array 1, Tank 1
- Currently: active - healthy
- Qty: 1 confirmed on 06-07-2022
- Division: Magnoliophyta
- Class: Magnoliopsida
- SubClass: eurosids I
- Order: Cucurbitales
- Family: Cucurbitaceae
- Tribe: Coniandreae
- EEB Greenhouse Holdings native to: Socotra
- Miller, A. 2004. Dendrosicyos socotrana. In: IUCN 2008. 2008 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. . Downloaded on 27 March 2009.
data regenerated on Fri, 17 Feb 2023 15:12:03 -0500 [bcm v4.0]